Managing a site in the Blogfarm¶
This article contains guidelines for site owners how to activate popular features on OKFN’s Wordpress blogfarm at WPEngine.
As an alternative to the built-in WordPress comments feature, the Disqus comments is a third party commenting system that may have more suitable features and spam prevention methods. Site admins can enable Disqus comments on their site using the following steps.
- Signup at the Disqus website https://disqus.com/admin/signup/
- Make note of the Site Shortname entry, and the login credentials of the Primary Moderator account you created
- Log into your site dashboard (http://site.okfn.org/wp-admin)
- Navigate to Plugins and activate the Disqus Comment System plugin
- Navigate to Comments > Disqus
- Login with the primary moderator account you created in the Disqus signup
- Select the correct website profile and save
- Disqus comments should now be active, verify this on your site. The Comments > Disqus menu option should now provide a portal to moderate/manage comments and settings
Google Analytics (single site)¶
Google Analytics tracks visitors of your site. Site administrators can enable this on their site using the following steps/.
- A Google Analytics tracking code is required, Google has existing help resources explaining how to do that - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en
- Log into your admin dashboard
- Navigate to Settings > Google Analytics
- Enter your tracking ID, then save.
NOTE: only available if you have rights to demonstrate you are the owner of the site. (ftp access, template edition rights, etc)